Tiny Timmy’s Dirty Flea Soap is a non-toxic, all-natural, sustainable, soy-free and gluten-free soap that repels fleas, ticks & mosquitoes. Soothing and calming, healing and effective, it can be used on allergic, irritated and itchy skin and coats. Our soap has been carefully formulated using the best from nature and backed by cutting edge science.
Traditional chemical flea, tick & mosquito treatments are not medication– they are powerful pesticides. Each year tens of thousands of cats and dogs have adverse reactions to these harmful products ranging from blisters and wounds to kidney failure, neurological issues and even death. These products, used primarily on fur, also contaminate your home, causing long term health issues for humans and furpeople alike. This is particularly dangerous to children and especially toddlers who spend much time on/near the floor, putting fingers into their mouths and are still at a vulnerable stage in their growth.
Many “natural” flea products use ingredients which cats cannot metabolize with even a small amount exposure. These common ingredients include citronella, cedar, penny royal, neem, tea tree, anything citrus, thyme, peppermint and lavender.
We sought to create a truly magical soap that would be safe for cats, dogs, kids, people and the planet without sacrificing effectiveness. It wasn’t enough to repel fleas, ticks & mosquitoes. We also wanted to help break the cycle of allergy and irritation that so many dogs and cats acquire. To do that, we had to treat some of the issues that arise when pets have flea allergies or mosquito bites. Once the discomfort is treated and the culprits are repelled, we wanted to look at shoring up the immune system because a healthy pet is much less tasty meal to insects.
Because of this our soap can be used in many different ways– even by people!
What’s In Tiny Timmy’s Dirty Flea Soap?
At Dirty Flea Soap we believe that safety comes first. We use only GRAS (Generally Recognized As Safe) ingredients believed by the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) to be safe for use. The EPA regulates most flea, tick and mosquito products that kill or repel pests because they are considered pesticides. The EPA grants an exemption from the full regulatory process to products that are considered to have a high safety margin by making use of GRAS ingredients. Dirty Flea Soap believes we can compete with the big boys without harming ourselves, our pets or our family.
- Collected, Filtered & Purified Oregon Rain Water
- Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth (DE) – a fine white powder created from petrified algae (diatoms) found at the bottom of some lake beds. DE looks and feels like flour, but it has microscopic, jagged edges. In our soap this helps gently “scrub” skin.
- Montmorillonite Clay – a very soft group of minerals that form tiny crystals. It is part of the reason Dirty Flea Soap lathers so thickly, helping to smother fleas on your pet’s body. Medicinally it is used to absorb heavy metals, treat irritated skin, combat environmental and mad-made toxins, decrease joint pain, strengthen bones and boost the immune system.
- Saponified Olive Oil, Coconut Oil and Shea Butter – moisturize the skin while creating a luxurious lather that is easy to wash away. Animals are particularly sensitive when the oils in their fur and skin are stripped. Our oils are incredibly moisturizing and restorative.
- Rice Bran – soothing, moisturizing and containing over one hundred vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, including a form of Vitamin E which has long been used to help heal skin issues.
- Ground Oatmeal – used topically to sooth skin discomfort from chickenpox, poison ivy, eczema, sunburn and dry skin.
- Proprietary mix of Sagebrush, Basil, and Sage – potent repellent for fleas, ticks and mosquitoes. It has a very calming effect to animals in distress and eases the bathing process. Sagebrush is used to combat poisoning, heal coughs and colds, soothe arthritis, treat parasite infections, help disinfect infected skin, inhibit bacterial and fungal growth, reduce swelling and treat open wounds, cuts and sores. Basil is used to boost the immune system, treats lethargy, fatigue, fever and skin infections, including bug bites, and reduces pain and inflammation. Sage is used topically to decrease inflammation, clean and treat open wounds and ulcers, stop bleeding and seeping.
As you can see we’ve put a lot of thought into this. That’s because our journey with Dirty Flea Soap is personal.